Toronto's Greenest Neighbourhoods - Volunteer Training
Would you like to learn how to help your community become the greenest one in Toronto?
- Do you know why now is the best time for home upgrades that can make a home more energy efficient and comfortable?
- Are you, and your neighbours, aware that there are thousands of dollars available in rebates for replacing windows, doors, furnace, air conditioner, or adding insulation?
- Did you know there are free programs for seniors and families with limited incomes?
- Did you know the City has a program to HELP fund these upgrades?
To find answers to all these questions, join Green 13, Project Neutral, Enviromentum and the City of Toronto staff for this training and information session. Learn from those who are most passionate and most in the know about these issues.
You don’t need to be an expert to help people use energy efficiency programs.
Green 13’s partner Enviromentum will be conducting an experiential training to help you build your confidence in assisting your neighbours green their homes. This training will include:
- Explanation and practice experiences for a 3-step pathway to engage your neighbours in home energy efficiency
- Demonstration and practice of the pre-made tools, that help you lead your neighbours to answer the question “What is the best program for me”
- Practice on how to close out the conversation and lead to the most positive outcome of your volunteer time - your neighbour choosing to weatherize based on their own reasons!
The Toronto’s Greenest Neighbourhoods is a new City of Toronto project encouraging homeowners of single family dwellings to take advantage of the programs and rebates currently available to help improve the energy efficiency of their homes.
In partnership with Project Neutral, Green 13 is delivering the Toronto’s Greenest Neighbourhoods in the northern part of Ward 13 and Rockcliffe-Smythe neighbourhood (Ward 11).