Let's look at flooding and stormwater management here in Ward 13 and the west side of Ward 14
Swansea Town Hall, 95 Lavinia Ave., in the Rousseau Room
Let’s look at flooding and stormwater management here in Ward 13 and the west side of Ward 14
• floodlines/flood risk and discuss any basement flooding risks relevant to our wards (info from TRCA, Engineering)
• tools such as mapping done by TRCA and by the City; studies in progress
• the implications/risks of excessive non-permeable surfaces
• typical things people can do to retrofit their homes; and reduce their risk of local flooding
• available programs/incentives that homeowners can access
• insurance info and implications
Speakers include: Nathan Plato, Toronto Regional Conservation Authority: Jose La O Osorio and Santessa Henriques, Map Makers; David Kellershohn, Stormwater Management, Toronto Water; Robert Muir, P.Eng; Pete Karageorgos, Insurance Bureau of Canada.
Co-sponsored by Green 13 and Councillor Doucette.